Top Five Ways to Keep Your Carpet Clean Longer
Julie Rosenfeld serves as an Administrative Assistant for Aaron’s Quality Cleaners, a carpet-cleaning company that services the Fresno and Clovis (CA) areas. She is the author of “Julie’s Corner” and provides information and perspective on topics related to the carpet-cleaning industry.
January 29, 2013
1. Remove your shoes. Shoes bring in all sorts of dirt and debris from the outside world. They carry a bit of everything that has been stepped in. Leave that stuff at the door. People don’t usually mind removing their shoes when they enter someone’s house. A cute sign or a basket for shoes by the door is often all that’s needed for visitors to get the hint.
2. Vacuum regularly. Opinions vary on how often carpets should be vacuumed. A general rule of thumb is to vacuum your house the same number of days per week as the number of people living in your house. So four people = vacuuming four times a week. It really depends upon your preference. Just keep in mind that dirt falls down into the fibers of your carpet and then gets ground in by people walking on it. This weakens the carpet and can shorten its life.
3. Use area rugs. Placing an area rug in high traffic zones of your house can drastically prolong the life of your carpet. Mats just inside your front and back doors will also catch much of the dirt before it has a chance to reach your carpet. A small rug placed at the beginning of a carpeted area such as a hallway or bedroom can also save you from having extra dirt accumulate in that area.
4. Eat at the table. Eating over your carpet is asking for trouble. Not only does it increase the chance for spills and stains, but crumbs cause their own set of issues. Large bugs like ants and roaches are attracted to these tidbits, as are smaller scourges like dust mites.
5. Call the professionals. A professional carpet cleaner is a must at least once a year. Renting a steam cleaner from your local grocery store just won’t cut it. A professional cleaner heats the water up hot enough to kill anything living in your carpet, uses the latest in technology to agitate the fibers of your carpet in order to release the soils, and can extract all products back out of your carpet so that detergent isn’t left behind to attract more dirt.
Remember, Aaron’s Quality Cleaners is the best carpet cleaner in Fresno!
Aaron’s Quality Cleaners cleans carpet, tile, aggregate and upholstery in Fresno, Clovis, Madera and Sanger California