This Trick is a Treat
October 31, 2013
When the sun goes down on Halloween night, then the fun begins. Pumpkins are carved, candles are lit, and candy flows freely. The mood is set and it is a perfect evening for trick-or-treating. I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to seeing all the costumed kiddies at my door.
Of course every holiday has its potential for disastrous accidents on the carpet. Don’t let a spooky spill turn your fun evening into a Halloween nightmare. Candle wax is a common fright-night mishap that can easily be addressed through a few simple stain removal steps.
- Act fast if possible. Any stain is more easily removed when gotten to quickly.
- Fill a sealable plastic bag with ice and place it on the wax to harden it.
- Once the wax has hardened, scrap off as much as you can using a plastic knife or spoon, being careful not to damage the carpet in the process.
- Place a clean terry cloth towel, or paper bag, over the wax that is left in the carpet. Rest a warm iron on top of the bag. The wax should be absorbed into the bag. Use caution so that you don’t scorch your carpet with an iron that is too hot, or hanging over the edges of the protective bag.
- Repeat ironing the stain with clean portions of the paper bag until the wax has been completely lifted from the carpet.
- If the wax was colored, then you may be left with a colored stain. You can attempt to remove this stain by following the steps mentioned in our post, The Do’s and Don’ts of Carpet Stain Removal.
We expect you to have a great deal of success with this wax stain removal process. And, as always, feel free to give the best carpet cleaner in Fresno a call if you need help or when it’s time for your next professional carpet cleaning!
So enjoy your evening of frightening fun, without the nightmare of ruined carpet.
Julie Rosenfeld serves as an Administrative Assistant for Aaron’s Quality Cleaners, a carpet-cleaning company that services the Fresno and Clovis (CA) areas. She is the author of “Julie’s Corner” and provides information and perspective on topics related to the carpet-cleaning industry.
Aaron’s Quality Cleaners performs carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, aggregate cleaning and upholstery cleaning in Fresno, Clovis, Madera and Sanger.