There’s Pumpkin on my Carpet
November 1, 2013
With the leaves turning colors and the crispness in the air, we have definitely reached our autumn season in Fresno. Due to Halloween, yesterday we covered the topic of how to clean candle wax out of carpet. Today we’ll talk about pumpkin stains.
As the best carpet cleaning in Fresno, we have come across pumpkin stains fairly often. Between Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas there tends to be a lot of pumpkin recipes served. Every now and then that lovely, bright orange dessert or bread can get dropped on the carpet. Here are a few simple steps you can use to remove it.
- Act fast. The first step is always the same, no matter what type of spill you are working with. The faster you can get to it, the more likely it is to come out.
- Scoop up as much of the pumpkin as you can using a plastic spoon. Be gentle so as not to press it further into the carpet.
- Mix together a few drops of non-bleach laundry detergent or dishwashing liquid with warm water and pour into a spray bottle.
- Lightly spray the cleaning solution onto the pumpkin stain . You do not want to saturate the stain, just moisten it a bit. Using a clean, white towel, gently blot the stained area. Be sure to work from the outside to the inside of the area so that you don’t spread the stain as you’re cleaning.
- Repeat the spray and blot method until the stain is gone.
- Lightly spray the area with water and blot a few more times to remove any detergent. Remember that detergent left in carpet will re-attract dirt, causing a stain to continually reappear.
As the best carpet cleaner in Fresno, we hope this procedure works well for you over the coming holidays. Please remember us when it’s time to give your carpets a deep, healthy, high-quality clean. We love to make carpets (and customers) smile!
Julie Rosenfeld serves as an Administrative Assistant for Aaron’s Quality Cleaners, a carpet-cleaning company that services the Fresno and Clovis (CA) areas. She is the author of “Julie’s Corner” and provides information and perspective on topics related to the carpet-cleaning industry.
Aaron’s Quality Cleaners performs carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, aggregate cleaning and upholstery cleaning in Fresno, Clovis, Madera and Sanger.