The Dos and Don’ts of Carpet Stain Removal
August 29, 2013
1. Don’t grab just any cleaner you happen to have on hand. Different stains require different spotters. Read the label first.
2. Don’t pour lots of water or cleaner on the stain. Too much liquid will chase your stain down to the base of the carpet where it cannot be reached. You think the stain is gone, but gravity will eventually pull the discoloration up through the carpet fibers until it reappears on your carpet.
3. Don’t scrub aggressively. This can cause the stain to spread outward, making the stain bigger. It can also grind the stain deeper into the carpet fibers.
1. Do take care of stains immediately. If you’re too late, then sparingly re-wet the stain with some cold water and then work it like a fresh stain.
2. Do blot your spills. Scrap any solids away and then blot up remaining liquids with a clean, dry towel. Use cleaners appropriate to your stain and carpet type. Remember, don’t use too much. Re-blot and then lightly rinse with water and re-blot again.
3. Do have an emergency spot remover kit on hand. Test spot removers on a bit of hidden carpet to be sure it will not pull the carpet color or damage the carpet in any way. Label it with the type of stain it should be used for and then keep it on hand with a clean, white towel for those unfortunate spills.
4. Do call Aaron’s Quality Cleaners. Not only are we the best carpet cleaner in Fresno, but we are the best stain removers in Fresno as well! Give us a try and see if we can’t make your carpet smile!
Julie Rosenfeld serves as an Administrative Assistant for Aaron’s Quality Cleaners, a carpet-cleaning company that services the Fresno and Clovis (CA) areas. She is the author of “Julie’s Corner” and provides information and perspective on topics related to the carpet-cleaning industry.
Aaron’s Quality Cleaners performs carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, aggregate cleaning and upholstery cleaning in Fresno, Clovis, Madera and Sanger.