Pet Lovers Anonymous – Five Simple Steps to Remove Pet Stains
Julie Rosenfeld serves as an Administrative Assistant for Aaron’s Quality Cleaners, a carpet-cleaning company that services the Fresno and Clovis (CA) areas. She is the author of “Julie’s Corner” and provides information and perspective on topics related to the carpet-cleaning industry.
February 1, 2013
What is it about animals that make us love them? You know what I mean, you see a puppy or kitten and can’t help but melt inside. You long to pick it up and cuddle it close and stroke its fur. The SPCA knows all about this crazing yearning that exists in so many of us. They sit outside places of business with their unresistable balls of fluff just waiting for unsuspecting pet lovers to walk by. They pounce on us, taking advantage of a hoped for moment of weakness in their attempts to find homes for their lovely, adorable creatures.
And so, every now and then, some of us break down and adopt a pet into our homes. We take that wriggling bundle of joy into our family and give it a place to belong. We shower it with love and affection and soon find that our hearts are attached and we can’t believe we lived so long without this “family member.”
Then our special new friend leaves a special new surprise on the carpet. Eeew! How could such a cute little ball of fur produce such a large, odorous mess? What is the best way to clean pet stains out of carpet? How to even begin?! So we take a deep breath (well, maybe not!) and do something. We don’t know if its the right something or if we’re going to be sorry later, but we know something most definitely needs to be done with this “surprise”.
Aaron’s Quality Cleaners is the best carpet cleaner in Fresno because he has years of experience removing pet odors and stains. Here are a few quick guidelines to follow if you find yourself confronting such issues with your beloved pet:
1. Use a plastic spoon to scoop as much of the poop as possible into a plastic bag. Do not press too hard. Just get as much off the surface as you can without rubbing it deeper into the carpet.
2. Use wet paper towels to then soak up as much of the soiled area as you can. Very gently rub a bit of water into the carpet.
3. Use dry paper towels to then soak up all the liquid that is now in that area of carpet.
4. Spray the spot with a carpet cleaner marked specifically for pet stain removal. Let it sit on the stain for five minutes.
5. Finally, take more damp paper towels, followed by more dry paper towels, and press them down on the soiled area to remove all that is left. At this point your pet stain should be gone.
All is not lost! Your pet is sorry. Your carpet is clean. As long he’s not too old, “Fido” can learn new tricks. So love that new family member with abandon! Let him melt your heart and cuddle in your arms. You are equipped with the knowledge you need to take care of business!
And remember, if all else fails, you can always make a call to the best carpet cleaner in Fresno … Aaron’s Quality Cleaners!
Aaron’s Quality Cleaners cleans carpet, tile, aggregate and upholstery in Fresno, Clovis, Madera and Sanger California